Applications are now being accepted for the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP).
The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help low-income families pay overdue water bills. LIHWAP is a grant. You do not have to repay it.
LIHWAP crisis grants may be available if you have an emergency situation and are in jeopardy of losing your water service. You can receive one crisis grant for your drinking water service and one crisis grant for your wastewater service, up to $2,500 each. Crisis situations include:
- Past-due water bills.
- Termination of utility service.
- Danger of having utility service terminated (received a notice that service will be shut off within the next 60 days).
How to Apply
Paper: You can download a paper application, print it, fill it out, and return it to your local county assistance office.
LIHWAP Paper Application — Spanish (PDF) --coming soon
Phone: Request an application by calling the Statewide Customer Service Center at 877-395-8930 or call PA Relay at 711 for the hearing impaired.
In-Person: Applications are available at your local county assistance office.
You will need:
- Names of people in your household;
- Dates of birth for all household members;
- Social Security numbers for all household members;
- Proof of income for all household members; and
- A recent water bill.
After your application is processed, you will receive a written notice that will tell you if you qualify. If eligible, it will tell you the amount of your grant.